Densmore CFE Prep guides you through the entire CFE process. Our team invests hundreds of hours each year to understand the CFE evaluation methodology, testing trends, and marking expectations, so we can provide you with an accurate reflection of what you can expect on each day of the CFE. This course is intended for first-time writers taking Capstone 2.
We integrate the Capstone 2 module requirements, so you can work from one study plan with a clear strategy to prepare for the CFE. Through the use of original Densmore cases, a Scenario Flowcharts Workbook, online sessions, and more, we’ll help you prepare for CFE success and your future career.
Course Options – Onsite or Online
Register for onsite with marking:
- Calgary – July 16-18 (Marking upload dates July 17, July 18, August 8, August 19)
- Edmonton – July 12-14 (Marking upload dates July 13, July 14, August 8, August 19)
- Halifax – July 16-18 (Marking upload dates July 17, July 18, August 8, August 19)
- Toronto – July 12-14 (Marking upload dates July 13, July 14, August 8, August 19)
- Vancouver – July 16-18 (Marking upload dates July 17, July 18, August 8, August 19)
Register for online:
- With marking: CFE Prep I
- With marking: CFE Prep II
- No marking
Trying to decide between CFE Prep I or II?
CFE Prep I is intended for first-time writers taking Capstone 2. The upload dates start before the Capstone 2 module workshop (July 12, August 3, August 13 and August 24).
CFE Prep II is intended for first-time writers taking Capstone 2. The upload dates start after the Capstone 2 module workshop (July 27, August 3, August 13, and August 24).
We recommend CFE Prep I since the sessions are spread out, which helps candidates balance the workload with the Capstone 2 module requirements. It also gives candidates a head start on their case writing before the Capstone 2 workshop. CFE Prep II should only be taken by candidates who are off work throughout Capstone 2 since the course is more condensed.
Not sure which CFE course is right for you? Compare our courses.
Day 2 Role
On Day 2 of the CFE, you will respond to the CFE Day 2 case by assuming one of four pre-selected roles: Assurance, Finance, Performance Management or Taxation.
CFE Day 1 Case
The following Capstone 1 cases will be offered for the September 2024 CFE:
- Amuzu Parks (version 1) – from the May 2024 Capstone 1 module
- J.R. Pets Inc. (version 2) – from the May 2023 Capstone 1 module
First-time writers must choose the case from the Capstone 1 module they completed, provided that case is available. Candidates who were previously unsuccessful on the CFE and candidates who are challenging the CFE, such as international candidates, can choose from either of the available cases offered for that sitting.